- City of Boston
- $89,330.00 -131,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
52 Guernsey St
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, SUMMER ONLY POSITION.
Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
As a member of the Camp Joy staff and under the supervision of the Camp Joy Program Manager or designee, the Camp Joy Nurse is responsible for the health and safety of the campers at his/her site and in following policies and procedures. The nurse is responsible to promote health awareness within the camp.
- Receive daily supply of medications brought by campers.
- Medication administration.
- Discuss with campers about their medication, if appropriate.
- Health resource the staff.
- Perform First Aid/CPR as necessary.
- Keep an accurate record of all incidents/accidents in a daily log.
- Perform emergency procedures as appropriate (i.e. CPR head injury, asthma attack, etc.).
- Record and fill out accident form when necessary.
- Health Education (Make schedule for this taking into consideration activities of the campers at the site. Use resource material).
- Actively participate with campers in activities as appropriate. (Including swimming).
- Communicate with Supervisor on health/camper related issues.
- Schedule weekly education sessions.
- Participate in weekly meeting with the nurses and nurse coordinator.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor, nurse coordinator and program manager.
- Perform related work as required.
- Current registration as a Nurse under the Massachusetts Board of Registration required.
- First Aid and CPR Certified.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively interact with children of various ages, as well as teenage counselors.
- Knowledge of the children with disabilities.
- Ability to participate in a variety of activities, including swimming.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
The Nurse Coordinator, Medical Director or Program Manager will do medical supervision. The Camp Joy Site Supervisor will do direct supervision.
C.O.R.I. Check Required. S.O.R.I. Check Required.
Boston Residency Required:
Start Date: July 9th, 2019
End Date: August 10th, 2019
Pay Rate: $31.33
Hours per week: 30
Associated topics: asn, care, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse clinical, nurse rn, recovery, staff nurse, surgery, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...